Tuesday, February 23, 2010

71-80

71. "I Shall Believe"-Sheryl Crow. Wow. Just wow. This just might be one the most beautiful songs I have ever heard...and I don't say that lightly.

72."For Blue Skies"-Strays Don't Sleep. This is sad. Prepare yourself now. "I forgive you, I forgive you". Oh yeah.

73. "Meant to Live"-Switchfoot. I loved this song back in the day. Still do. It's so incredibly true, too.

74. "I'm in Love with a Stripper"- T-Pain. Yeah, you read that right. This song makes me laugh because of its trashiness...I just love it. No apologies for it either.

75. "Superstar"-Taylor Swift. Remember when you were 10 and loved Justin Timberlake and just wished he knew how you felt because OBVIOUSLY he would kick Britney to the curb. Ok, maybe? This song reminds me of that.

76. "Tied Together With a Smile"-Taylor Swift. I know many people who aren't Taylor fans. Maybe she isn't a good enough singer for you (valid)? Or she wears her heart way too clearly on her sleeve? I admire the hell out of that. She is one of the best songwriters of my generation and this song is one of the many examples why.

77. "You Belong with Me"-Taylor Swift. Last Taylor song, but man, this song is so wrapped up in high-school honesty that I can't get enough of it.

78. "Don't Confess"-Tegan and Sara. Oooooh. Tegan and Sara. Emo, emo, emo. Love it. This song is so tragic. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of tragic. "You won't get better, til you're worse"

79. "How's It Going to Be"-Third Eye Blind. Re-visit this song. It's perfect for blaring in the car and singing along. I include a little steering wheel drumming, but that's entirely optional.

80. "Mary Jane's Last Dance"-Tom Petty and the Heatbreakers. This song is about weed, I think. Whatever. It's fun. Another classic jam from my dad. He is a pretty cool dude.

Only two more lists left!! Crazy

Oh, and I'm turning 20 tomorrow. That makes me want to cry a little bit. I loved being a teenager. I was so typical about it too...a little angsty, a little preppy, a little wild, a little silly. It's been fun. Here's to the next decade.

Love, love, love

No comments:

Post a Comment