I started reading when I was 2 (really, I just memorized my copy of "Aladdin"..minor detail) and haven't ever stopped. I like stories. So, when stories are told through music, my little heart just loves it. I also like twists in stories, like "oh, no he didn't just do that" twists. Keeping things interesting is always a goal. I guess you could say every song is a story. Eh, I disagree.There needs to be a progression of time. Or something so personal that it isn't some generic pop song. Does that make sense?? It's almost 2am, so this all makes sense to me :) Anyways, here are some of my favorite stories told through a song:
1. "Highway 20 Ride"- Zac Brown Band. This story breaks my heart.
2. "Don't Take the Girl"- Tim McGraw. I cry every time I hear this song. When the chorus after the bridge starts, game over.
3. "Mary's Song (Oh My, My, My)" - Taylor Swift. I have to have a T.Swift song for this. This song is precious. I love this kind of love.
4. "Twenty-One"- Corey Smith. Getting older is both good and bad. This song reminds me of that.
5. "Gunpowder and Lead"- Miranda Lambert. I love this song. So sassy.
6. "Comfortable"- John Mayer. This is one of those songs so full of personal details that you are shocked when you have some of the same ones.
7. "Strawberry Wine"-Deanna Carter. I've loved this song for years. (Why are so many of these country songs??)
8. "Hands Down"- Dashboard Confessional. I have no explanation for this song. It is what it is (magical).
9. "Please Turn Red"- Andy Davis. I like the honesty of this song.
10. "He Stopped Loving Her Today"-George Jones. This is a classic, dang it. And probably the most tragic song of all time.
Okay, I'm done. Hopefully, the story thing makes sense?
Love, love, love