Friday, July 23, 2010

Never too late, right? 81-90

So, my last post was in...February. Life fail. To be fair, I got a new laptop (a beautiful, perfect, everything I ever dreamed of MacBook Pro) and never got around to transferring my iTunes (with my 100 songs playlist) to the new computer. And then it was spring break, and then finals. But for old times sake, I hopped on the old HP..and here we are now.

It's summer. It's hot. It's been an interesting 2.5 monthes since I left my beautiful Nashville and came back to Georgia. It's not really that I don't like it, because I do....I still have some wonderful friends who make me so very happy that happen to live here and with whom I have had many great times. And don't forget my perfect and funny family who I love more than anything. It's more of a "me" issue.

*Warning=emo confession about to take place*. Sometimes, I'm not a huge fan of who I am here. When I left two years ago, I grew up. A lot. I became less petty, less obsessed with being perfect, and became more like the person I want to be. Back here, I regress into that 17 year old girl who just wanted to fit in and be loved. Because, if I had that dress, or that body, or that boy..life would be perfect? 20 year old me thinks that is a pretty awful way to live your life.

Nashville is where I really discovered my love of music,learning, and myself and I feel like something is missing when I'm away. But I'm here now and I believe with all my heart that it was a God thing. He has bigger plans for me than what my little heart wants. Don't you ever wish He would just sit down with you, hand you a script, and say "Here's how this one's going to play out". I know I do. I just finished a book that had a line it that made me stop, reread it, stop, and think for about 30 minutes. The characters were talking about prayers not being answered. Here it is. "But, God does answers prayers, but in His time, not yours". Amen.

But anyways, you probably don't read this for my silly, emotional rants on life. Hopefully, you read it because of the music. Here are the next ten songs. Thanks for letting me ramble. xoxo.

81-90

81. "You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This"- Toby Keith. This song gives me chills. My friends and I all put our arms around each other and sang at the top of our lungs to this song at the concert..haha.

82. "Meet Virginia"-Train. BAHHHHH!!!! I LOVE THIS SONG. It's one of the fun blast it on the stereo songs. And I do, often.

83. "The Odds of Being Alone"- Trent Dabbs and Amy Stroup. "The quiet seems so loud. Tell me this is the hardest part, tell me this is the hardest part". They have a good harmony.

84. "Missing You"- Tyler Hilton. Such a nice guy. Also, a great singer. His raspy voice is so wonderful.

85. "Meant Something to Me"-Tyler Hilton. So, you know, when you like someone and all the silly, trivial moments are things you'll never forget..but they have absolutely no clue? Tyler does.

86. "I'd Rather Be Lonely"- Tyler Hilton. YouTube this. Just do it. I think it's gonna be on his next record "The Storms We Share". He knows whats up.

87. "Use Somebody"-Tyler Hilton. Clearly, I adore TH. Deal with it. His cover of Kings of Leon's song is great. All piano.

88. "When the Stars Go Blue"- Tyler Hilton and Bethany Joy Galleotti. I like all 3 versions of this song (Tim McGraw and Ryan Adams both have one as well). But this is the first I heard.

89. "Bittersweet Symphony"- The Verve. Reminds me of the end of "Cruel Intentions" everytime. Good song. Cool music.

90. "The Freshman"- Verve Pipe. Re-visit this song. It's so heavy and full of great writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment