Sunday, May 15, 2011

Country, Ya'll

I love country music. I live in Nashville. I was born and raised in the South. And, I don't care what you say, there is nothing better than country music on the radio on a sunny afternoon drive. I took a country music class in college and it was one of my favorite classes ever. The professor wore his cowboy boots to class every day and would do that hair flick thing and I just adored him. I get made fun of a lot for it...haters gonna hate, I suppose.

ANYWAYS.

Here are some of my favorite country songs. Some of them are happy, some of them are not. But they all tell stories about real things happening to real people, which I think is the best thing about country music.

1. "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?"- Thompson Square. Super cute. Super fun to sing along to.
2. "Cowboy Take Me Away"-Dixie Chicks. This song always makes me smile.
3. "Jackson"-Johnny Cash and June Carter. This song is so funny! I love Johnny Cash and wish that I could have seen him live. His records are some of my most played.
4. "Summertime"- Kenny Chesney. Perfect song for the summer. Makes me think of Braves games and the lake!
5. "Chicken Fried"- Zac Brown Band. "I was raised underneath the shade of a Georgia pine and that's home, you know". Word.
6. "Stay"-Sugarland. Ooooh, I love this song. I love when choruses get changed and have some dramatic ending.
7. "Gunpowder and Lead"-Miranda Lambert. Miranda is sassy. Love it.
8. "Song of the South"-Alabama. Classic country.
9. "He Stopped Loving Her Today"- George Jones. Such a tragic song. I love it.
10. "For a Little While"-Tim McGraw. I love Tim. This song is sad, but in a happy way....if that makes sense?

Ok, some of my favorites! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment