I picked up an interesting habit from one of my roommates. When I first met her (almost three years ago..oh my goodness), I thought this was a little weird. She literally found a song and listened to it HUNDREDS of times. "Let Me Sign" by Robert Pattinson (yeah, Edward Cullen sings..in a really rough, breathy sort of way...it suits him. He could sing to me anytime, especially when he wears his Wayfarers...I digress) was played over, over, over, and over the fall of our freshmen year.
However, at the end of our junior year, I now see it. I too have OSD-obsessive song disorder. Here are some of the songs that I play in the car, on the way to class, when I fall asleep, when I'm doing homework...you get the point.
1. "Somewhere with You"-Tyler Ward. I can't stop. Seriously, it's going to be a problem in the near future when I drive 4 hours home to Atlanta and listen to nothing but this song. It's a cover of a song by Kenny Chesney. I like this version infinitely more, mostly because I have a spot in my heart made especially for acoustic guitars. We play the same kind of guitar (a Taylor, in case you were wondering) and so I think that means we are soulmates. Maybe? This songs reminds me of summers and the way they used to be.
2. "In My Head"- Jason Derulo. I just love this song. I want to dance all around whenever I hear it. Marisa (the original OSDer) and I watched this video last year on a huge screen in a random classroom and were so enthralled by it. Deluca Heights, y'all.
3. "Comfortable"- John Mayer. This song breaks my heart. It's so personal and sad. And really familiar in that whole "I swear, John Mayer, you sing the boy-version of my life" sort of way. You'll know what I mean when you listen to it.
4."Will You Be There"-Boyce Avenue. Another cover. This song was on repeat after my trip to El Salvador last spring. I miss my friends there every day and this song reminds me of that magical week.
5."Our Song"-The Spill Canvas. I jammed to this every freaking day after work last summer. It's the perfect song for playing the drum on the steering wheel and singing at the top of your lungs on a July afternoon.
6. "Killing Me"-Graham Colton Band. I adore Graham Colton. I distinctly remember when I first heard him on David Letterman's show, I sitting on my living room couch with my best friend, Anna. We immediately got all of his songs. I've met him and seen him perform twice and can say that is just as nice as he is talented (which is a lot, duh). Some of my favorite lyrics of his are in this song "I wish I could pick up the phone and tell you how I'm feeling and tell you how I've changed, I tell you everything". He just came out with a new album. Go listen to it. Now.
7. "Between the Lines"- Sara Bareilles. She is so cool. This song was the first one of her's I heard and I fell in love with her voice! She is one hell of a writer and performer. I can't say enough good things about her.
8. "War Sweater"-Wakey!Wakey!. This one is on a lot of lists! But it's got a super cool piano track that I could listen to forever, and did last spring.
9. "Closer to Love"-Mat Kearney. This is one of my more recent obsessions. Dancing around my room to this while getting ready is one of my favorite things to do. Plus, the video is adorable. And Mat Kearney is fantastic.
10. "Come Pick Me Up"-Ryan Adams. Last fall, I listened to this when I walked up 21st Ave. every day. It was perfect for the weather and the harmonica is an under-appreciated instrument.
Okay. There are some of my OSD songs from the past few years. Do you have any? Oh, and thanks Marisa, for passing this on to me. I don't think it is weird anymore :)
Love, love, love.