Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Music + TV= Shannon cries and her roommates laugh at her.

As I have said before, and will probably say 1,000,000 more times, music is my best way to process emotions. I feel like I always have some sort of soundtrack going on in the background of my life and so naturally, I love a really good soundtrack for a TV show or movie. I love when someone finds a song that fits so perfectly in a scene. I love when there is no dialogue, just some soft background music. I love when someone is chasing the person they love down the street, or is crying on the bathroom floor, or is getting married and a song is blasting through the television. It makes those moments that much more dramatic.

So, here are some of my favorite musical moments from TV.

1. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" musical: This is the coolest thing ever. I love Buffy (totally the reason I took karate...I secretly wanted to be the Slayer. I would have been good at it. I love a good leather jacket and a roundhouse kick). The musical episode was great because not only were the songs incredible, I was so surprised at the talent of some of the actors (emphasis on 'some'..but hey, they tried!) I miss the writing of Joss Whedon..total genius.

2. Season 6 finale of OTH: "War Sweater" by Wakey!Wakey! No words, just different shots played over the incredibly powerful song. I replayed it over and over on TiVo just so I could learn the words. Th

3. "Chasing Cars"- Snow Patrol in season 2 finale of "Grey's Anatomy". Oh, oh, oh. I sobbed. And sobbed. And then cried some more. Perfection. I will always remember this song and that scene. Izzy. I miss Izzy.

4. "Hallelujah" by Imogen Heap in season 3 finale of "The O.C." Another one with no words, just Ryan carrying Marissa away from the car accident. Ugh, tragic. I miss "The O.C.".

5. "Grey's Anatomy" musical: I know a lot of people did not dig this. I really, really loved it. It was so cool to hear songs from pivotal moments in the show. A musical history. Of course I loved it. Medicine and music are my two favorite things. Perfect.


<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment