Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy songs?

So recently, I was in a really happy mood. Not that this is unusual by any means, it was just one of those times when you can't stop smiling. As I was explaining this all to my lovely roommates and a wonderful friend of ours, I searched through my iTunes for some songs to illustrate how I was feeling. So I scrolled down..and down...and further down. It was then that I realized something tragically funny. I DON'T HAVE ANY FREAKING HAPPY MUSIC. Okay, okay so I have some really great rap jams and songs that want to make you dance around your room..but I don't have any of those "Oh, today was so magical and I have to share my happiness with everyone or I just might burst with joy" songs. (Typing that made me cringe..but I'm trying to broaden my musical horizons guys..reallllly trying here).


So...this is what I have found in terms of happy, optimistic songs that don't make me want to gag:

1. "She (For Liz)"- Parachute. This is about having the courage to go out on a limb for someone who seems really great.
2. "Better Together"- Jack Johnson. Ok, so yes, this is typical. BUT I LOVE IT. "Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart"
3."When I Look to the Sky"-Train. Kind of slower. But the words are so pretty.
4. "Slide"-Goo Goo Dolls. This is about love, right? I think so
5. "Sparks Fly"- Taylor Swift. I like the old school, non-album edition better, but the one on "Speak Now" is good, too.
6. "Why Don't You"- Ingram Hill. This song is about asking someone who has been hurt before to trust that you won't do the same thing.
7. "Something to Lose"-Corey Smith. Innocently cute..which is weird since Corey's other songs include "F*** the PoPo"
8. "Follow Through"-Gavin Degraw. On repeat..love, love, love this. It's simple and direct, everything that I think a happy love song should be.
9. "Stolen"- Dashboard Confessional. I had to put a Dashboard one in here. I like the "Dusk and Summer" edition of this. It makes me want to put on a dress and spin around (which I often do...no apologies).
10. "Kiss Me Thru the Phone"- Soulja Boy. Didn't see that one coming, huh??? Ha! Seriously, this song makes me smile every time I hear it. But, real talk, do not call (678)999-8212...your phone will blow UP with texts from Soulja Boy's marketing team. Not that I did that..a friend told me........

Okay. That's what I have right now. If you feel inclined, let me know what songs make you feel all happy and smiley.

Happy holidays.


Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment