Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Gasoline Rainbows"

I have not heard much about the Gulf oil spill lately. That makes me sad. Really, really sad. Our media has moved on to the next celebrity arrest, football player scandal, or the latest drama on "The Real Housewives of Blah, Blah Blah". There is still so much that needs to be done on the Gulf coast. There are families that lost their only means of survival when the water turned slick with gallons of gasoline. There are animals and wetlands that are forever damaged or destroyed.

I'm a big supporter of campaigns aimed to help the lives of others, whether they are in Africa or Alabama, Pakistan or Pennsylvania. I know, I know..this might make me a "crazy liberal", but I'd like to believe that someday, if I am in the midst of some natural or manmade disaster..there will be people wanting to help. Whether it's money, or food, or simply a place to get out of the cold that seems to cover our planet these days, the power that comes from one human helping another is just really awesome . I guess, more than anything, I believe in the human spirit. The perseverance and determination that it takes to stand up, look at surrounding despair, and believe in the power to fix it.

While the oil spill may be "over", its effects will continue to be felt. Maybe you can't go down to assist in cleanup or relief efforts, BUT, you can go on iTunes and buy the "Gasoline Rainbows" album. Put together by "One Tree Hill's" Sophia Bush and Austin Nichols, this compilation features Vampire Weekend, Amy Kuney, Phoenix, Passion Pit, and many other talented musicians. If you don't have the $15 now..wait til you get those iTunes gift cards for Christmas!! All proceeds go directly to Gulf relief. And the music kicks serious ass.


Love, Love, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment