Friday, January 22, 2010

31-40

My list is ten songs short of 100..let me know if you have something you think I'd like :)

Next ten...

31. "Stay Away" The Honorary Title. I can't say enough good things about this song. "I can't dance unless it's slow and sad and to a song that's far less obvious" The guy has a great voice.

32. "I Miss You"- Incubus. Oh my Lord, I love Incubus. "Would I be out of line if I said I missed you?". Love, love,love it.

33. "The Heart of the Matter- India Arie. I know Don Henley is the original singer, and I like his version too, but this was in the "Sex and the City" movie and it's so good. "I think its about forgiveness, even if you don't love me anymore". So good!

34. "Maybe It's Me"-Ingram Hill. This band is from Tennessee and they are super nice and super talented. This song is my favorite by them, but they have so many great songs!

35. "Flightless Bird, American Mouth"- Iron & Wine. Weird title. This song is on my "Sleepy" playlist and it is best listened to when it's raining. Soothing, almost in a haunted way. It's great.

36. "Bruised"- Jack's Mannequin. They are one of the best bands I've seen live. Andrew McMahon is amazing.

37. "Edge of Desire"- John Mayer. I love this man...if I could drop out of school and just be a groupie..I would for John Mayer. This is my favorite song off of "Battle Studies"... "I want you so bad, I'd go back on the things I believe". Deep.

38. "Free Fallin'"- John Mayer. I grew up on the Tom Petty version (my dad is a big fan), but I really like this version. The tempo is slower.

39. "Wish You Were Here"- Kate Voegele. This girl started my love of more obscure artists. She is more talented than 90% of the artists on the radio. "I'm still in love with who I wish you were". Couldn't have said it better.

40. "Lift Me Up"- Kate Voegele. If you are having a bad day, listen to this. Inspiration.

Hope you like them! Also, keep the people of Haiti in your prayers!

Love, love, love

No comments:

Post a Comment