Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Idea..

I love music. Ok, ok..I know everybody loves music..but I really love it. If I'm having a bad day, listening to a good songs changes it. If I'm having a good day, a good song makes it even better. I'm a big believer that music heals.

While watching an episode of my favorite tv show, I saw a character make a playlist for her unborn daughter. A playlist to help her get to know her mother, a playlist to get her through the bad and good days...a playlist of "One Hundred Songs to Save Your Life". I started thinking of the songs that have changed my life...made me cry, made me laugh, made it better. Songs that give me chills when I hear them or take me back to the first time I heard it, or the time I listened to it on repeat for weeks, or the people the song reminds me of.

Everybody has these songs. Sometimes it helps to collect them all in one place and listen to them. A soundtrack of your life...cheesy, yes. Inspiring, absolutely. So, for the next ten weeks I will post ten songs out of my 100 songs to save your life. Maybe they have helped you too. Maybe you never heard of one of them...check it out, I have a random taste in music.

Let me know about the songs that save your life...I love hearing about what songs mean something to someone.

The first ten (in alphabetical order according to artist) will be up sometime this week. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! You better bet I'll be following this blog.

    I love you, cousin! :)

    ReplyDelete