I hope these posts aren't becoming too frequent. I like them. I have a note on my computer that I am constantly adding lyrics to, but I'm trying to stop myself from posting them every day. Instead, I wait until I have a final on Tuesday and I should be studying. Oh, well.
Again, these lyrics are just what have jumped out at me lately. Whether it's a new song that I've just found or an older one that suddenly has a new meaning, I like these words.
1. "I don't love you, but I always will"- "Poison & Wine"-The Civil Wars. I can't stop listening to this song. It makes me want to sit in front a fireplace with tea. It's a wonderful duet.
2. "All we have is this very moment"-"I Don't Want to Wait"-Paula Cole. Throwback jam. 'Sup, "Dawson's Creek"?.
3. "I find you stunning, but you are running me down"- "Sort Of"-Ingrid Michaelson. I had to replay this about 10 times to make sure I heard it correctly. This song literally took my breath away.
4. "I've missed you, but I haven't met you"- "To Whom it May Concern"- The Civil Wars. They get two songs in one post because their album is PERFECT. And nominated for a Grammy! This song is about wanting to meet "the one" (I rolled my eyes as I typed that..sorry for being cheesy). Anyways, it's a very beautiful song.
5. "Where will I be when I stop wondering why?"-"Champagne High"-Sister Hazel. This song is about the person you loved marrying someone else. Ugh.
6. "When everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am"-"Iris"- Goo Goo Dolls. Favorite band. Hands down. I just think this line is really beautiful.
7. "May these memories break our fall"-"Long Live"-Taylor Swift. I need the next five months to go by very, very slowly.
8. "I got a really good heart, I just can't catch a break"-"Two"-Ryan Adams. I love this guy. "Love is Hell Pt. 1" and "Heartbreaker" are two of my favorite albums ever.
9. "I was only there to sing your song. What were you protecting yourself from?"-"Mixtape"-Jimmy Eat World.
10. "I'm lookin' forward to the memories of right now"- "Unforgettable"- Drake. I love Drizzy.
Love, love, love.